More information about cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page . The usefulness of the cookie is that the website is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page. Although many people do not know it, cookies have been used for 20 years, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web appeared.
What IS NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, nor a Trojan, nor a worm, nor spam, nor spyware, nor does it open pop-up windows.
What information does a cookie store?>?
cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data they keep are of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person but your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse Internet Explorer and try to navigate through the same website with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because it is really associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies are there?
- Cookies techniques: They are the most basic and allow, among other things , know when a human or an automated application is navigating, when an anonymous and a registered user navigates, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Cookies of analysis: Collect information about the type of navigation you are doing, the sections you use most, products consulted, time zone of use, language, etc.
- Advertising Cookies: Display advertising based on your navigation, your country of origin, language, etc.
What are the cookies own and those of third parties?
What happens if I deactivate the cookies ?
To understand the scope that can have disable the cookies we show you some examples:
- You will not be able to share content from that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the content to your personal preferences, as is often the case in stores online.
- You can not access the personal area of that website, such as My account , or My profile or My orders em>.
- Online stores: It will be impossible to make purchases online, they will have to be telephone or visiting the physical store if you have it.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographical preferences as a time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and traffic on the web, which will make it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- You can not write on the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, rate or rate contents The web will not be able to know if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam .
- It will not be possible to show sectoral advertising, which will reduce the advertising revenue of the web.
Can cookies be deleted? ?
Yes.Note: these steps may vary depending on the version of the browser:
- Go to Settings or Preferences using the File menu or by clicking the personalization icon that appears at the top right.
- You will see different sections, click the option Show advanced options .
- Go to Privacy , Content configuration .
- Select All cookies and site data em>.
- A list of all cookies
sorted by domain. To make it easier for you to find the cookies of a specific domain, enter the address partially or completely in the Search for cookies field.
- After completing this filter one or more lines will appear on screen with the cookies of the requested web. Now you just have to select it and press the X to proceed with its deletion.
To access the cookies configuration of the browser Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools , Internet Options
- Click Privacy .
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the configuration of cookies of the browser Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Options or Preferences according to your operating system.
- Click on Privacy .
- In History choose Use custom settings for the history .
- Now you will see the option Accept cookies , you can activate it or deactivate it according to your preferences.
To access In the configuration of cookies of the browser Safari for OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences , then Privacy .
- In this place you will see the option Block cookies to adjust the type of blocking that you want to perform.
To access the configuration of cookies of the browser Safari for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings , then Safari .
- Go to Privacy and Security , you will see the option Block cookies to adjust the type of blocking you want to perform.
To access the configuration of cookies browser for devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press the key> Menu , then Settings .
- Go to Security and Privacy , you will see the option Accept cookies to activate or deactivate the box.
To access the configuration of cookies of the browser for Windows Phone devices follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer , then More , then Settings
- Now you can enable or disable the Allow cookies .