Philadelphia cheese cake recipe
The cold philadelphia cheese cake is one of those desserts that I like because they can be made in any season: the baked version for the cold months, and the philadelphia cheese cake no oven for the hot months.
Also, from this cake I like that it is totally versatile; you can invent infinite versions and it always ends up being elegant; easy and reliable.
Now we are going with the two versions of this cheese cake : with oven and without oven. First without oven; because it's the fastest, or actually because I just prepared it.
Philadelphia cheesecake recipe without oven
I think there is no other recipe with better ease and speed ratio , compared to how delicious it is.
Ingredients for the dough
- Seven tablespoons of butter.
- One pair of packets of cookies to crush. The most commonly used are the Maria style, or also the Digestive.
You can adjust the amount of cookies according to your taste, to achieve a more or less thick mass.
Ingredients for the filling
- Two cups of Philadelphia cheese.
- Four tablespoons of butter.
- Brick and a half of cream (of 250 ml).
- 1/3 cup of sugar.
- An envelope of unflavored gelatin.
- Fruits or pieces of fruits to decorate.
The last ingredient is super important. Nothing beats a homemade jam to put it on your cheesecake. As the most used for this type of dessert is strawberry jam, I leave you here in link to our recipe. But if you want to get creative and make your own version, I leave you also the jam links of other flavors: plums, orange and blackberries.
- Crush the cookies to make the dough.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the two previous ingredients in a bowl.
- A once obtained a homogeneous paste, distribute in the mold of the cake and arrange in such a way that it is uniform.
- Let the dough cool.
- Mix in a separate saucepan the gelatin , cream and sugar, while stirring slowly, until a smooth cream is obtained, with the powders well diluted.
- Add the Philadelphia cheese and mix until it is fully integrated.
- Pour the cream on the base of crushed cookies.