Recipe for making Yogurt Cake
The yogurt cake is a healthy and delicious dessert that is less complicated to prepare than you think. You do not believe me? Read this recipe 🙂
I will not lie to you: There are recipes that make me panic about them, either because the explanation is too complicated or because my imagination classifies them as "too professional-gourmet".
That happened to me with the cakes, not so much for the filling, but for the mass of the base, which in my opinion is closer to art than to a traditional recipe. But, everything has to be tried at least once, and to my surprise the result with this yogurt cake recipe was fantastic. It is not as complicated, as it seems.
This dessert can be made with plain yogurt or Greek yogurt. My recommendation: make the Greek yogurt cake, it is more delicious 🙂
Easy Yogurt Cake Recipe
Ingredients (For a 22 cm diameter round container)
- 2½ cups Greek yogurt
- 2 cups of wheat bran. You can also use 100 grams of Corn Flakes cereals, bran
- oatmeal or oatmeal
- ½ cup of hazelnuts or 60 grams of nuts of your choice: walnuts, almonds.
- ⅓ cup of egg whites.
- 10 grams of neutral gelatine leaves (Do not get complicated, see the total grams that the package brings and how many plates, rule of three and ready)
- Stevia (sweetener) or sugar if you do not mind using it.
- Fruit jam. You can try strawberry or orange
- First crush the wheat bran or cereal with hazelnuts or fruits dry you have chosen and 1 or 2 tablespoons of Stevia or sugar. This can be done in a blender or processor.
- Place the mixture in a bowl, add the egg whites and knead until it forms a lumpy mass that compacts when pressed. If you use cereal or oatmeal, and you need to add more whites, go ahead; the important thing is that the dough is compacted easily, as if it were wet sand.
- In a silicone container expands the mixture evenly to assemble the base and walls of the cake, and put it in the oven at 180 ° C for 15-20 minutes, until the base is like a cookie.
- Meanwhile put the sheets of gelatin in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes or as instructed by the instructions maker. The sheets will soften and grow.
- Boil a little water, add the leaves of the jelly and stir until it dissolves. If it is the first time you use gelatin sheets, as it was my case, it is important that you literally take the "measure" of little water (one or two fingers). This mixture will serve to give consistency to yogurt, so if we use a lot of water it will be very complicated to set.
- In a separate bowl mix the yogurt with stevia to taste, and add the water with the gelatine leaves . When the base is baked and crispy add the yogurt mixture and bring to the refrigerator, at least for two hours.
- Once the yogurt cake is cold and consistent, cover it with the jam of your choice; It will be easier if the jar of jam is at room temperature. You can also cover it with strawberry syrup, or whatever you want.
Other recipes of homemade yogurt cake
This delicious cake is a very easy recipe to make that you can adapt to your taste, add extra flavors and experiment.
- For example, you can make this yogurt cake with condensed milk by adding a couple of tablespoons to the mixture or, when serving, put a layer of this sweet product on top.
- You can also make a yogurt cake with chocolate.You can see the recipe in the video below.
Do you like desserts? The cakes? Then mark Comedera.Com in your favorites and visit us constantly, we always have more sweet recipes, some without sugar, all very delicious.